"Grown Up Digital reveals:.
- How the brain of the Net Generation processes information .
- Seven ways to attract and engage young talent in the workforce.
- Seven guidelines for educators to tap the Net Gen potential.
- Parenting 2.0: There's no place like the new home .
- Citizen Net: How young people and the Internet are transforming democracy.
Today's young people are using technology in ways you could never imagine. Instead of passively watching television, the Net Geners are actively participating in the distribution of entertainment and information. For the first time in history, youth are the authorities on something really important. And they're changing every aspect of our society-from the workplace to the marketplace, from the classroom to the living room, from the voting booth to the Oval Office."
This book is based on a $4 million private research study that involved a survey of over 11,000 young people so one hopes it is more credible than the first book but it's hard to take a publication seriously when the hype is so over the top and at odds with the other research that has been done on this topic.